Suggest a new name for DGT GTD

Re: Suggest a new name for DGT GTD

Postby dgtale » Sat 20. Apr 2013, 15:23

A couple of days ago I was eventually contacted by the Legal of David Allen Company.
It's time to remove Getting Things Done® and GTD® trademarks from the DGT GTD apps name and website pages.

I am the Vice President of Legal at the David Allen Company. We own the Getting Things Done® and GTD® trademarks, which have been used widely for many years for the personal productivity system created by David Allen.

We noticed your DGTALE website and marketing for your productivity tools on Google. We appreciate that your product works with David Allen’s system and we are honored and flattered by your support for our system and product.

We also try to be diligent to make sure the Getting Things Done® and GTD® trademarks are not used too much by others to sell their own products. Given the wide appeal of the Getting Things Done® or GTD® system, it will probably not surprise you that we sometimes have to contact good folks like you to ask you to limit use of our marks, and to give the public some additional information.

As a product creator you can certainly understand our position and the need for us to contact you. You may even have run into this situation with your own brand name and property.

Because you are both a supporter and creator of products that work with the GTD® system, we simply ask you to take a few steps, as follows:

1) If you feel you must mention Getting Things Done® or GTD®, please do not mention these more than once in your website or other marketing.
2) Please do not mention them in any headline, subheading, title or subtitle.
3) Please indicate prominently in your website and marketing that Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company.
4) Please state that DGTALE is not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company.

We wish you well with your products and look forward to hearing back from you that you are taking these steps. A reply by April 30, 2013 would be appreciated if possible. Meanwhile if you have questions please feel welcome to contact me.
dgtale
Administrator

Postby SES21 » Sat 20. Apr 2013, 23:49

You knew it was coming sooner or later! Now what...time to pare down the list or are you going to just pick the one you like best? After all, it is your app. We're just lucky enough to get to use it!!
SES21

Postby fdr28 » Sun 21. Apr 2013, 04:21

How about translating Getting Things Done to another language -- e.g. Latin -- and using it in the name of the program?

You can name it Next Action or NextAction -- everybody who is familiar with GTD(R) system will know instantly what it means, and I hope that D.A.&Co.(R) have not registered it.
Huawei Y300 -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
fdr28

Postby Dilemma » Sun 5. May 2013, 17:12

Tasklicious
Dilemma

Postby WoGo » Tue 21. May 2013, 17:50

What about that "Log It, Do It" suggestion by rbj2001 » Mo 21. Mai 2012, 18:18

which could be shortened to: L.I.D.I

this is my current favourite

or a litte bit expanded "Log It, Do It, Done"
WoGo

Postby Franz » Mon 27. May 2013, 10:08

I suggest "Mind like water" or anything refering to that mindset D. Allen talks about in his book (WaterMind, Miliwi, ....) !
Franz

Postby dgtale » Mon 27. May 2013, 12:45

Franz wrote:I suggest "Mind like water" or anything refering to that mindset D. Allen talks about in his book (WaterMind, Miliwi, ....) !

D.Allen is used to register words that refer to his concepts. Sooner or later there will be a trademark also on WaterMind :(
dgtale
Administrator

Postby dgtale » Mon 27. May 2013, 12:51

WoGo wrote:What about that "Log It, Do It" suggestion by rbj2001 » Mo 21. Mai 2012, 18:18

which could be shortened to: L.I.D.I

this is my current favourite

or a litte bit expanded "Log It, Do It, Done"

I like it too. I think I will go for it.
dgtale
Administrator

Postby Franz » Mon 27. May 2013, 15:37

dgtale wrote:
Franz wrote:I suggest "Mind like water" or anything refering to that mindset D. Allen talks about in his book (WaterMind, Miliwi, ....) !

D.Allen is used to register words that refer to his concepts. Sooner or later there will be a trademark also on WaterMind :(

Hey I suppose you're laughin', "Mind like water" is not from D. Allen even if google often refers to him about it.

It clearly comes from zen literature :
http://www.uskl.org/mizo_no_kokoro.cfm
Franz

Postby drunphant » Wed 29. May 2013, 11:37

What about these:
ToDig
TooDig
DiggerDo
(the name must be simple and one word)
drunphant

PreviousNext